Mobility City of DuPage County enjoyed the week July 24th-28th in Wheaton, Illinois at the 2019 DuPage County Fair. Mobility City provided wheelchair and mobility scooter rentals to the fairground guests. Mobility City had plenty of Drive Medical wheelchairs, and Golden Technology mobility scooters to choose from.
Mobility City of DuPage County is excited to be part of the DuPage County Fair from July 24th through July 28th. Mobility City will have a tent near the entrance of the DuPage County Fairgrounds renting mobility scooters and wheelchairs. Please come by and see us!
Mobility City's engagements with big box stores, gourmet grocery chains, and other facilities are designed to support & enhance their current efforts in fall prevention, skin integrity and infection control, as well as prepare their scooter fleet for corporate inspections. At the conclusion of each visit, our technicians would provide documentation of all repairs performed, parts replaced, and the condition of all equipment they have looked at during the visit. This would be placed in a binder stored on the facility premises. We are willing to work after hours (i.e. after the store customers have gone home, etc.). Mobility City of DuPage County would recommend a monthly service cycle.
We have two popular options:
1. Standard Service with Sanitization: $35.00 / Scooter
* Disinfectant products or power washing doesn’t do it. You need hot steam at 212°, which kills 99.9% of bacteria such as staph, e-coli, salmonella, mold and germs. This eliminates health hazard ramifications from cleaning with chemicals.
* perform load test on both scooter batteries; make recommendation on future battery life
* perform diagnostic test on ac/dc transformer charger unit (on-board or off-board)
* tighten screws on seat, tiller/hand enclosure, floor board, and any accessories
2. Full Service: $65.00 / Scooter
* includes the Standard Service with Sanitization
* clean (apply electronic contact cleaner) and tighten all electrical connections (e.g., connections from battery to the controller); this resolves some water damage issues
* diagnose any flash code errors; resolve/repair as needed; additional discounted charges for parts as needed described below:
- replace seat cover ($89)
- replace charger ($95 for 24V/3A unit, $199 for 24V/7A unit)
- replace batteries ($239 for two 12V33A U-1 batteries)
- replace potentiometer assembly ($129)
- replace main wire assembly harness/MPC cable (additional discounted charge: $139)
- replace top control hand enclosure - broken keyway/horn, battery indicator, and/or display malfunction caused by water damage ($249)
- replace controller ($369)
- replace motor, brake & transaxle ($539)
What to know Before You Buy Mobility Equipment…and After
“A loved one’s mobility is very personal-find someone who makes it personal for you”
At some point in our lives we will all find it difficult to get around. Some people find themselves with limited mobility due to car accidents, random accidents, or aging. According to DHEC 4.5 million Americans rely on some level of mobility equipment on a daily basis and approximately 425,000 live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area.
Mobility devices have long been a source of confusion and stress in deciding what to buy. To help ease the stress of shopping, here are a few questions to consider before you invest in your mobility equipment. Always do your research and talk with users, trusted advisors. A loved one’s mobility is very personal so find someone who makes it personal for you.
Things to consider before you buy a walking cane, walker, rollator, wheelchair, power wheelchair or mobility scooter:
(Once you own your equipment, keep this safety checklist in mind and perform it regularly.)
1. Patient Safety:
Wheelchair brakes and footrests are assured to be working properly. Brakes are tightened or replaced as needed.
2. Skin Integrity:
All torn or broken arm pads are replaced. All worn or ripped seat and back upholstery is repaired or replaced as needed. All missing rubber or plastic parts are replaced.
3. Infection Control:
Wheelchairs are steam cleaned at 212°, which kills 99.9% of bacteria such as staph, e-coli, salmonella, mold and germs. This eliminates health hazard ramifications from cleaning with chemicals.
⇣ Drag elements to your Custom Footer Container ⇣
76 Eisenhower Ln N
Lombard, IL 60148
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sun: Appointment Only
Payment Accepted: Cash, Credit Card, Checks & Paypal
Copyright @ 2019 FDG Family Enterprises Inc.
Copyright @ 2019 FDG Family Enterprises Inc.